iexplore proxy server

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 1 12:48:27 CDT 2007

Luke Bratch wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there supposed to be a way to set a HTTP (or
> otherwise) proxy server in Wine's iexplore at the
> moment?
>
> I can't find any such documentation, but searching
> around has found a lot of people suggesting that
> setting these keys will help:
>
> [Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Internet
> Settings]
> "ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
> "ProxyServer"="proxyserver:8080"
>
> Setting those didn't make any difference in iexplore,
> but the attached patch which edits a file that the
> Gecko installer creates, makes HTTP proxy support work
> perfectly.
>
> Is this the correct/only way to do this?

There are two ways. First is to set these Gecko settings at runtime,
depending on IE settings. The right way would be to use wininet to
handle http/https/ftp connections. It's something we have to do sooner
or later and, while fixing other bugs, we are slowly getting to that
state. This is one of many problems that will be solved by it.

Jacek