mshtml: Set IE version when installing wine gecko

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:55:37 CDT 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007 12:40:25 pm Jacek Caban wrote:
> The real solution is to always set IE version. To do it we have to fix
> apps that block it. The problem, apart from that I didn't have time to
> make bug hunting on them yet, is that we don't really have a list of
> such apps. Quicken is the main example, but who knows what are the
> others? It would be great if we had it somewhere in bugzilla or wiki.

Even if you fix all the apps that have a problem with Gecko, native IE still
has rendering differences. And short of reimplementing it ourselves, some
people will have a need for native IE (eg. web developers wanting to see what
their site looks like in IE). There may even be some other behavioral
differences that the majority of people won't care about or even not prefer,
while others do.