mshtml: Set IE version when installing wine gecko

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 2 10:24:03 CDT 2007

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> The idea would be that there should be an easy way to uninstall it, so
> if Gecko is installed the app will try to use that, and if it doesn't
> work we can tell users to uninstall Gecko and let the app install IE
> instead.  Ultimately of course the goal is that they never need to do
> that.

How about the attached patch? It adds registration code to iexplore.exe,
so user may run
$ wine iexplore -unregserver
or even better, just for sure:
$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES=shdocvw,iexplore.exe=b wine iexplore -unregserver
to unregister iexplore.
It would be wine specific as native doesn't support self registration in
iexplore.exe.
An other option would be to put a separate section in wine.inf so user
could run rundll32 to unregister it, but IMO it is worse due to
complexity of the command.

Thanks,
    Jacek