xrun handling in winealsa.drv

Maarten Lankhorst maarten at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 9 13:04:05 CST 2007

Hello Timofei,

Timofei V. Bondarenko schreef:
> No matter how low the chance: sound is an real-time task while linux
> is not a real-time system. So underruns still possible.
> And in case of XRUN widRecorder() tries to read about 4G of data.
>
> Well, I'm a busy man too. So I've wrote a simple patch and sent it to
> wine-patches. Please look. May be it will be more clear in C than in
> my broken english.
I took a quick look, it's incorrect for dscapture and dsoutput,
underruns are already handled there in CheckXRUN, in case of _Stop it is
unneeded as well since it just stopped and restarted, no underruns
possible. The only thing needed in that part is that the < 0 checks need
to have a cast to sframes.

Regards,
Maarten.