Wrong comparison in ntdll/actctx.c

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Nov 19 14:43:36 CST 2007

Am Montag, 19. November 2007 21:25:25 schrieb nlataill:
> Working on a D3D game, I have found that wine is refusing to load the
> following
> manifest file (when Windows does not fail).
>
> I am proposing the following one-liner to ntdll/actctx.c:
You can send patches to wine-patches at winehq.org. Please use git-format-patch
to create the diff file, and mail it as a regular attachment. You have to be
subscribed to the list, otherwise your patch will end up in moderation, but
you can turn off mail delivery so your inbox doesn't get spammed.

> According to MSDN, it seems only major.minor is considered for version
> matching:
The msdn is sometimes wrong, it is a good idea to include a test in the
patch(see dlls/ntdll/tests/). This shows your change is correct, and prevents
others from changing it back because it happens to fix a different bug.