d3dx8: Implementation of WINAPI D3DXAssembleShaderFromFileA

luis.busquets at ilidium.com luis.busquets at ilidium.com
Tue Nov 27 01:55:06 CST 2007

I say that it is more readable because I understood you wanted the return
code as soon as possible, but, anyway, what would you propose as code for
this function?

Would the following work for you?

+
+  if ( !pSrcFile )
+   return D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA;
+  else
+  {
+   LPWSTR pSrcFileW = NULL;
+   DWORD len;
+   HRESULT ret;
+   len = MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0, pSrcFile, -1, NULL, 0 );
+   pSrcFileW = HeapAlloc( GetProcessHeap(), 0, len * sizeof(WCHAR) );
+   MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0, pSrcFile, -1, pSrcFileW, len );
+   ret=D3DXAssembleShaderFromFileW(pSrcFileW, Flags, ppConstants,
ppCompiledShader, ppCompilationErrors);
+   HeapFree( GetProcessHeap(), 0, pSrcFileW );
+   return ret;
+  }
}