d3dx8 [patch 1/10] Implement D3DXPlaneFromPointNormal

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Nov 30 05:20:32 CST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2007 09:17:04 schrieb tony.wasserka at freenet.de:
> > Anyways, where should we put the d3dx9 code? I mean, we have 13 folders to
> > choose from.. Perhaps It'd be better if we create a new dll (or at least
> > directory) called d3dx9 were we implement all d3dx9 stuff and let the other
> > d3dx9_xx dlls just call these functions? This would improve the clarity of
> > the code structure, so that people that don't follow this discussion can
> > also understand what we're doing ;-)
> Yes, I think this is a good idea. It wouldn't be a wined3dx which is shared
> among d3dx8 and d3dx9, but it would just be a central place for the common
> code in d3dx9_xx.dll, which will be a big majority of the code I guess.

So, just to clarify, you propose to create a d3dx9.dll dll, putting its
code in dlls/d3dx9. Does this dll exist on Windows? If not, then we
should call it wined3dx9 (and its code would go in dlls/wined3dx9).

 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
  programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                      Moral: design before you implement.