xdg_user_dirs patches

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Nov 30 05:35:14 CST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> Also these variables should take priority over the default heuristics,
> and you most likely want to handle the desktop dir the same way.

I'm not sure we want to handle the desktop directory the same way. It's
really a special case because applications often put their 'icons' on
the desktop. So if the Windows desktop is just a symbolic link to the
Unix one, the user will end up with a lot of 'xxx.lnk' files on his
desktop. In particular these files will show the wrong icon: they will
have the icon associated with 'lnk' files, instead of the one of the
application they are supposed to start.

So I think it's best to keep the Windows desktop separate from the Unix
one, and let winemenubuilder put 'xxx.desktop' files on the Unix desktop
when appropriate.

   Nouvelle version : les anciens bogues ont été remplacés par de nouveaux.