D3DX

"Luis C. Busquets Pérez" luis.busquets at ilidium.com
Thu Oct 4 11:57:20 CDT 2007

Dear all and in particular Alexander and Louis,

I have seen that the work d3dx8 has began and that a number of functions
have been added to the spec. I know this is a recurring subject but I
think something should be done now.

As you know, the fowllowing files
d3dx8.dll
d3dx9_24.dll
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_26.dll
d3dx9_27.dll
d3dx9_28.dll
d3dx9_29.dll
d3dx9_30.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9_32.dll
d3dx9_33.dll
d3dx9_34.dll
d3dx9_35.dll
Share a large number of functions. Actually, 142 of the 153 the
functions you have added to d3dx8.spec are repeated in all those dlls.
I think that a merge development should be done. That is to develop just
one dlls/d3dx/d3dx.spec together with the different dlls/d3dx/xx.c files
implementing those functions with the 349 functions that are used in all
those d3d extensions. Then, the spec files of each specific file
referring to d3dx.
Are you opposed to such alternative?

Luis