make test drill

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 13:28:36 CDT 2007

Jeremy White wrote:
> So, in a radical break from tradition, we're trying to
> accomplish something useful at Wineconf.
>
> Specifically, we're making 'make test' work for everyone,
> not just Alexandre.
>
> Maarten Lankhorst is maintaining a tree of all of our
> test related patches.
>
> So, for those that want to play, the thing to do is to
>  git fetch git://repo.or.cz/wine/testsucceed.git master:testsucceed
>  git rebase testsucceed
>
> Then you can do a make test (with a clean .wine directory)
> and share your results.  It's useful to use Dan's filter:
>    egrep '__test|make.*ok|Backtrace' <your-log-file-here>
>
> Up through the end of day tomorrow, you can send me the results
> of that egrep and I'll tally and triage.
>
> If you have a patch, send it in, and CC Maarten so he can
> update it.
>
> The goal is to have the number of failures as close to 0
> as possible, and for the non 0 cases, to at least understand
> each failure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy

Hi,

It's nice to fix all the test failures when running them in Wine. We however
have several tests that still fail on Windows so how can we be sure the test
results in Wine are correct? Some that are failing on a lot of Windows boxes:

advpack:advpack
advpack:files
comctl32:monthcal
crypt32:encode
gdi32:font
kernel32:actctx
kernel32:process
usp10:usp10
wintrust:softpub

I've just picked some that fail on different versions of Windows. There are also
several tests that consistently fail on a particular version of Windows.

--
Cheers,

Paul.