OpenGL child windows (bug 2398, fixed!)

denis bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Tue Oct 9 13:37:54 CDT 2007

Roderick Colenbrander a écrit :
>> I tested git version with solidworks, and now it's worse than  with
>> previous chris patch :
>>
>> - quite slow, just like with composite patch
>> - highlighted lines offset, just like with composite patch
>> - GLXbaddrawable crash when opening multiple windows, regression from
>> the composite patch, that allows multiple windows
>>
>> It looks like all the previous issues are cumulated !
>>
>> maybe I missed something ?
>>
>> Denis
>
> What display drivers are you using? In general Nvidia's drivers are the only ones which work 100% correct. I also heard good results from the latest intel drivers (git).
>
> Roderick

proprietary nvidia up-to-date from ubuntu feisty, exactly the same that for .45
or .45+patch tests. I switched off compiz, but it doesn't change anything

I just check sources from git, and ./configure && make depend && make && sudo
make install, and then run /usr/local/bin/wine sldworks.exe

My libs are correct, as i can build ubuntu wine packages.

Denis