What happened to the Wine Newsletters?

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:06:06 CDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Alex Waite <awaite2 at uiuc.edu> wrote:
>   I've been mulling this over for awhile and I'm potentially willing to
> write the WWN.  I've been reading all of patches, devel, and bugs for
> about a year now, so I keep pretty up to date with what's going on.  I'm
> a Senior at UIUC and my major is History, so I write quite often.
>   Let me know if you're interested.

I've been kind of quiet on the whole topic and not really advertised
for someone else to take it over. I think a big part of that is I
thought my schedule would eventually slow down and I could pick it
back up  again.  Well, it's been a year and I don't see that happening
any time soon.  For the curious, I moved 600 miles away to Montana,
new house, new job, etc.  We're busy building a new playground (
http://www.theshell.com/~vinn/moonlightbasin-lonepeak2.jpg ).

I can definitely lend assistance to someone taking this over.  Here's
what I could help with:
- Initial guidance about setting up WWN issues and how to tackle writing them.
- Some scripts for stats.
- Pointing out which threads to cover.  That can kind of be a
challenge for a while when getting into this.  It's hard to pick out
the important stuff and which stuff should be ignored.
- Co-authoring for a bit.  The process is actually set up pretty well
to allow for multiple collaborators.

Oh, and I'm going to be on vacation for 3 weeks starting next Monday,
so I'm mostly useless until November.

Alex - I think you have the perfect set of skills for this.  When I
started I hadn't read any of the mailing lists, so you've got a leg up
on that.

-Brian