defining and revamping our bugzilla categories

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:43:02 CDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/07, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This is a bad Idea.
> > > We have a lot of different dlls related to printing:
> > >
> > > comdlg32.dll
> > > compstui.dll
> > > gdi32.dll
> > > localspl.dll
> > > printui.dll
> > > shell32.dll
> > > wineps.drv
> > > winspool.drv
> > >
> > > I vote for "printing" next to "gdi"
> > >

> > What's wrong with having a new printing component?  Lumping *all*
> > gdi/printing bugs into gdi-(printing) is a bad idea.
> >
> > --
> > James Hawkins
> >

> How about "gdi-printing" and "gdi-video"?

No, because not all printing problems are gdi, and if you don't have
gdi-printing, there's no need for gdi-video; just plain gdi works.
The same argument goes for gdi-video.  So, we should have:

gdi
printing

and any bugs that are marked as wine-gdi-(printing) should be set to
one or the other.

--
James Hawkins