AW: tools/wineprefixcreate.in: create default w32x86 path underspool/drivers

Markus Gömmel m.goemmel at compulab.de
Fri Oct 12 07:22:54 CDT 2007

Hi Detlef,

ah, I understand... I'm a Windows software developer trying to make our
products running as smooth as possible under Wine. One of our products
includes a fax printer driver and port monitor for faxing over ISDN boards.

The setup routine of our product will not use an .inf file to install the
printer driver, but will use a ::GetPrinterDriverDirectory() call to get the
printer driver dir, is then copying all the necessary files into this
directory, fills a DRIVER_INFO_3 structure and then calls
::AddPrinterDriver()

This is probably a bit unusual, but not uncommon. I know some more
professional products using this way to install printer drivers.

So to support this way of installing, the path returned by
::GetPrinterDriverDirectory() should definitely exist, which is also does
under real Windows.

Am I wrong here?

Markus