Wine crashes while trying to use Lexmark Network Scanback utility

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Oct 14 00:19:23 CDT 2007

On Sunday October 14 2007 03:19, King InuYasha wrote:
> Ehh, well, I was trying to use the Lexmark Scanback Utility to operate my
> Lexmark OptraImage 322 and it crashed after clicking the button to setup a
> new profile.... Installed original MFC42.DLL in the Scanback program
> folder...
>
> Crash log:
>
> [InuTaisho at PIIMMX-GTWE4200 ScanBack]$ wine scanwiz.exe
> wine: Call from 0x40ee68 to unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6905, aborting
> wine: Unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6905 called at address 0x40ee68
> (thread 0038), starting debugger...
> Unhandled exception: unimplemented function MFC42.DLL.6905 called in 32-bit
> code (0x602e4d4c).

	Most likely you have wrong (probably too old) version of MFC42.DLL. You
should try newer version of this DLL.
	BTW, if your Lexmark OptraImage 322 is non-ttyUSB USB device (you don't see
it as ttyUSB in /dev/ directory) then don't even waste your time - it will
not work with Windows programs on WINE. In this case you want try Virtual
Box, QEmu or VMWare instead. WINE currently only support ttyUSB USB devices
and all other kinds of tty devices (for example bluetooth/IRDA phones).