Make test drill, next steps, call for help with Winetest

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:02:05 CDT 2007

Jeremy White wrote:
>> Why can't you just run the winetest executable under Wine? Or do you mean you've
>> changed some of the tests and want to see the results immediately?
>
> Because that's not logically correct.  I am trying to run a regression
> test on my current source tree.  It *may* be identical to the one most
> recently used to build winetest.exe, but it is not certain.  And shouldn't
> runing winetest.exe.so be exactly the same as running winetest.exe, just
> skipping a cross compilation step?

I've basically done the same but only to be able to create a new winetest
executable for windows. The winetest.exe that's available on
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/ is a bit different from
the winetest.exe.so you have in your own tree (mostly resources).

I gave it shot and came a bit further:

- go to <wine>/programs/winetest
- create a build.id, build.nfo and tests.url
- run 'make dist'
- run 'wine winetest-dist.exe.so'

When you now run the test it will a create a proper report file with one
important lack: the CVS version number of the tests files (have a look in the
produced "tests.rc" file).

dissect (part of the test.winehq.org 'infrastructure') will choke on that as it
expects something like x.yy

So no success here either. We can tweak 'dissect' but that you will mean we have
  all tests in one view and potentially comparing apples and pears/oranges.

Any other ideas?
--
Cheers,

Paul.