Phoronix: Ubuntu 7.10 + WINE vs. Windows XP

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Oct 20 04:51:00 CDT 2007

On Saturday October 20 2007 09:28, Stephan Rose wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 09:21 +0000, L. Rahyen wrote:
> > But I think there is some people with dual boot configuration and modern
> > PC who has some games to test and enough free time to compare the results
> > between Windows and Linux.
>
> I can go ahead and try to install Supreme Commander and see if I can get
> it updated to the latest version. The auto-updater uses the .Net
> Framework so that makes it a little difficult.

	For .net support in WINE you can run "winetricks mono12" (you can get
winetricks at http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks ). Anyway, testing the latest
version of the game isn't very important, only important thing is to test
same version of the game on Windows and WINE.

> But, it has a performance test / benchmark mode I could run to do some
> comparisons.
>
> Stephan

	It would be great. Don't forget to provide information about hardware
configuration used for testing, version of WINE and video drivers along with
FPS on Linux and Windows.