pdh: Remove or fix tests that fail on Windows.

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Mon Oct 22 08:31:19 CDT 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 14:43:59 Jeff Latimer wrote:

> to test with and hence the delay.  The current patch I submitted was
> cleaning up the Null reference issue before moving on to sorting out the

I don't see any crash on Wine or XP when running the test. You are
trying to protect against a hypothetical case where an app specifies
a size > 0 but no buffer. XP won't accept that anyway and it's unlikely
any app will do that on non-XP systems.

In fact your patch will break in another - also unlikely -
situation where an app relies on non-XP behaviour, which is to accept
a null buffer and size > 0 but less than the required size.

So a crash is even desirable here, because it tells us immediately
that the app is doing something peculiar.

 -Hans