wininet: ftp test hangs behind firewall, so turn it off by default

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Tue Oct 23 06:49:59 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 12:37:46 Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> > This gets rid of one more place I have to do 'wineserver -k' to
> > make tests complete.
>
> I don't think it really hangs, it just takes a long time to complete.

It may have really hung before for some people. I remember leaving the
test running for more than half an hour and it was still stuck, whereas
now it completes within minutes.

I didn't verify this but the logical explanation seems to be that in
the previous setting the incoming connection got blocked by a firewall,
while the test sat there waiting for it in a blocking accept or analogous
call. If so, there could be another bug lurking in our timeout handling.

 -Hans