COM/DCOM of WINE

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Oct 25 04:58:35 CDT 2007

On Thursday October 25 2007 08:08, Fong, Man To wrote:
> > Dear Sir / Madam,
> >
> > We are developing a software which is running on Linux platform. The
> > software will retrieve the information from TETRA Connectivity Server
> > (TCS) which is running on Window 2003 server. The communication
> > protocol, pre-defined by TCS manufacturing, is DCOM. Since the
> > communication protocol is not opened by the manufacturer. We must
> > install the API provided by the manufacturer on our workstation
> > running on Linux. Does WINE support the DCOM function?

	Yes. We recommend to use latest version of WINE (from http://winehq.org or
from your distribution repository if it has recent versions).

	If something will not work for you please fill a bug report at
http://bugs.winehq.org . In case if builtin DCOM support doesn't work as
expected you can run "winetricks dcom98" to use native DCOM instead (you can
download winetricks at http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks ). If this workaround
helps you should mention this in your bug report as well.
	Thanks for using WINE.