Lots of 'make test' failures on Windows

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Oct 25 10:43:24 CDT 2007

Looking at yesterday's test results is depressing:
http://test.winehq.org/data/200710241000/

Just looking at the pretty colors may not make this very obvious, but
the state of the tests is APPALLING.

               Successes | Failures | Failure rate | Not Run
   WinXP-1   |    260    |     53   |     17%      |     0
   WinXP-2   |    252    |     62   |     20%      |     0
   Win2003-1 |    264    |     49   |     16%      |     0
   Win2003-2 |    241    |     72   |     23%      |     0
   Win98     |    113    |    115   |     50%      |    45

So depending on the test run and the platform we have a failure rate
that is between 16% and over 50%, really 53% as the gdi32 tests should
really run on Win98.

This is important because if you try to fix Wine to make these tests
pass you may actually end up breaking Wine. So until these tests are
fixed and pass on Windows they are of no use to us.

So yeah, we don't have an http://test.winehq.org/ home page, and
http://test.winehq.org/data/ should be made nicer too, but even so I'm
hoping a few motivated developers will find their way to the test
results and start a push to make things better.

Btw, shouldn't it be a Wine 1.0 goal to have our conformance test suite
pass cleanly on Windows?

     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.