ddraw:d3d tests failing consistently

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Oct 26 03:44:13 CDT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Reece Dunn wrote:
[...]
> This would mean that the tests that are consistently (and predictably)
> failing under vmware will not show up on the test failures, so we can
> investigate actual failures.

Well, as far as I know, except for Direct3D and maybe sound issues,
VMware systems behave like normal Windows boxes. In addition the tests I
have run are on VMware 5.5 which does not have any of the 3D
acceleration that they added in 6.0. So the relevant tests should be
easy to skip, either by detecting lack of any 3D support or in the worst
case by detecting the name of the graphics /sound card.

             Research is the transformation of money to knowledge.
            Innovation is the transformation of knowledge to money.
                              -- Dr. Hans Meixner