Lots of 'make test' failures on Windows

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 26 09:07:54 CDT 2007

Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
>> If we require tests to pass on all Windows versions before getting
>> committed it will drastically reduce the number of tests accepted,
>> with little benefit. In most cases tests fail on some Windows boxes
>> because they are too strict in the behavior they expect, and that's
>> not a problem for us.
>>

> Except that the tests clutter up the reports. We should have at least one
> dedicated, declared sane, Windows installation that we regard as most
> important. When you _start_ expecting tests to fail  is when you
> _stop_ paying attention to tests.
>
> (That Codeweavers do not have such an installation yet, is beoynd me. Or
> if you do, please make it automatically submit its findings to
> test.winehq.org!)

We do. I've got a machine that regularly runs the test on Windows 2003
on real hardware:
http://test.winehq.org/data/200710241000/2003_rshearman/report

However, the tests are run by a service rather than manually by me to
reduce the effort needed. This results in some tests failing when they
perhaps shouldn't.

This also doesn't help the Direct3D developers since D3D is disabled by
default on Windows 2003, so we also need a real Windows XP box to run
the tests regularly.

--
Rob Shearman