Fwd: New Wine help and discussion forum

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:16:54 CDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 29, 2007 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: New Wine help and discussion forum
To: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>

On 10/29/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/07, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, a single forum and a mailing list is a vast improvement over
> > multiple forums and a mailing list. If you get your way it will be a
> > forum and Google groups, and then you and Google will be the one who
> > kills the Wine user mailing list, not me.
>
> ?  We seem to be on different planets.

Yea we are, because you are the one who ranted about killing the user
mailing list in the first place. and now your spinning it to where I
want to close down everything. I only want people to have the
opportunity to post in a Wine centric forum. and not a Ubuntu or
Gentoo or Fedora etc..etc..etc.. forum about Wine!

> There are quite a few forums where wine problems
> are discussed.  You might need to shut down
> all of these to achieve your stated goal.  Here are a few:
>
> http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wine/
> http://www.playonlinux.com/forums/
> http://www.frankscorner.org/yabb/YaBB.pl
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/forum/
> http://www.reactos.org/forum/

Thanks, ill send each of them a mail and ask them to cease operation.

> My stated goal is to not increase the number of
> discussion forums / mailing lists, yet still appeal
> to the "I hate email" generation.  I think the
> google groups front end for the existing mailing
> list comes pretty close to that...

So your goal is to have a single point for discussion? never mind ill
let you send out the cease and desist mails. :D

Tom