tools/widl/typegen.c pointer initialization

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Oct 30 08:45:25 CDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Dan Hipschman wrote:
> Compiling with "-O2 -W -Wall" using either gcc 4.0 or 3.4 I don't get
> any warnings.  Even adding -Wuninitialized doesn't do anything:

I am mostly using GCC 3.4 with -O2 -Wall as you did, and occasionally
a snapshot of GCC 4.3, with and without -Wextra in addition.  It took
me a bit to find the combination that triggered it, and it is

  GCC 4.3.0 20071029 with -O2 -Wall -Wextra

that issues

  typegen.c: In function 'get_required_buffer_size_type':
  typegen.c:2288: warning: 'uname' may be used uninitialized in this function
  typegen.c: In function 'write_user_tfs':
  typegen.c:953: warning: 'name' may be used uninitialized in this function

Gerald