Tips needed for debugging Skype on Wine (Access violation)

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:03:16 CDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Paul Vriens schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Skype 3.5.0.39 running on Wine (latest Git). The app however
> throws an 'Access violation at address 00593AD1 in module "Skype.exe". Read of
> address FFFFFFFF'.
>
> I've set set the version to XP. I do find that when I apply this "patch":

If I read msdn correctly, the return value you have in that little patch
is correct.

Return Value
If the function succeeds, the return value is a nonzero value.
If the function fails, the return value is zero. To get extended error
information, call GetLastError.

If you do 'return 1;' it should work correctly, and it should be
accepted into wine.

Cheers,
Maarten.