services.exe/advapi32[5/8]: move QueryServiceConfig to services.exe

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Sep 26 06:48:38 CDT 2007

Mikolaj Zalewski wrote:
> My QueryServiceConfig is not compatible with Windows one - I haven't
> tried hard but I couldn't tune the parameters to connect with Windows
> services.exe. So I'm not trying to store the structure in the on the
> server side buffer but pass it all through the RPC and put in into the
> buffer in advapi32. As I understand in near future Wine will not be a
> member of Windows domains so on-the-wire compatibility is not very
> important.

You don't need to be a member of a domain to use remote interfaces like
the one for services or the one for the registry. On-the-wire
compatibility will be important once we get remote named pipe support,
but getting the right architecture is the goal at the moment, and your
patches are a step towards that. I believe that the
QUERY_SERVICE_CONFIGW parameter should be a byte_count one, but this is
not implemented yet, both in the RPC runtime and in widl.

--
Rob Shearman