I need help, please

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Fri Sep 28 12:18:14 CDT 2007

David Outteridge wrote:
> Thank you for the reply, Dan, a reply is appreciated.
>
> I must write that I am surprised by this response - your website seems
> to be asking for help at all levels.  I am not quite convinced that
> months of work is needed (mainly because corelDRAW version 11 works);
> but maybe you know something I do not - the main point of my posting,
> of course.  Largely, I was asking for policy information; i.e., *what*
> to do, not *how* to do it, which I feel I can handle.

If you're having trouble installing CorelDraw, then add a bug to
http://bugs.winehq.org attaching a +msi debug log, making sure that a
bug doesn't already exist for the version and bug you're reporting.
Developers may then put hints into the bug as to where to look for next.

A good place to start out helping the Wine project by coding is by
writing tests for untested APIs. There are also some todo lists on the
website that may give you some pointers as to what to code on in order
to start learning about the Wine codebase.

--
Rob Shearman