Wine application compatibility

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sat Sep 29 13:36:55 CDT 2007

> This sounds like the kind of thing that the devs should work to provide
> the functionality for, but
> that the user base should actually maintain. For example, appdb could
> become a place where users
> could suggest, test, and finalize said tweaks for each application. There
> would then be a way for
> wine to use a small 'database' of that information which could be packed
> with each release or
> downloaded from the appdb site (both would seem the best way to go with
> that). The devs aren't
> responsible for maintaining the list of tweaks (that's a waste of their
> time), but the users can
> still benefit from it.
>
> Rob

It could be maintained at lets say appdb but the problem is filtering on what should be in the database and what not. Just a setting to get a program running or a dll override isn't. It is for programs which really need fixups like the ones I described. Not everyone can maintain such a list.

Roderick