SOC suggestion - Vista Game Explorer APIs (needed for d3d10)

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 10:17:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

As the SOC deadline has been extended here another SOC project which I added to the wiki close to the previous deadline namely the Vista Game Explorer dll.

Lots of users find Direct3D related projects cool. Part of the post-Wine-1.0 work will likely focus on D3D10. Just adding a full implementation of this dll won't get most games working as they use the Vista Game Explorer API for various purposes like storing game settings and profiles.

Since this API is bundled with Windows we can't legally use Microsoft their dlls (if possible at all) and we need to add these APIs to Wine. This project would work on adding this dll.

Regards,

Roderick Colenbrander