Nice feature?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:01:54 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:45 AM, Warren Dumortier <kwixbit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I have a little proposition for Wine 1.0!
> Why not creating an error dialog when a dll is missing, it would help a lot
> of users!
> For example there's a dialog to install geck, why not a dialog that simply
> says you have to add a dll in the correct directory?

When you say a missing dll, that could mean a few things. I'm assuming
you mean the typical case of a dll that should have been redistributed
with an app, but was not, and the application expects it to already be
present. Or the case of a failing installer failing to copy all files?
If so, these errors are already put out to stderr, like most other
warnings.