Pulse Audio -- Wine should have instructions on this web site

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Apr 3 03:00:10 CDT 2008

Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> writes:

> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> What I really want is for all the people who are clamoring for yet
>> another driver to pitch in and start fixing the alsa driver instead.
> Right but you _cannot_ force people to do that. If they just go ahead
> and setup a separate Wine repo they can work on pulseaudio all the day
> and nobody can stop them. That's the OSS reality and git makes that very
> easy to do.

Obviously I'm not trying to prevent anybody from working on it, just
trying to encourage at least a few people to follow the correct approach.

But yes, with git it's very easy to maintain a separate tree, and that
was a large part of the reason for making the switch from cvs. This way
I can keep being an asshole about the main tree, and people can route
around me and still get work done. Everybody wins...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org