Pulse Audio -- Wine should have instructions on this web site

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Thu Apr 3 07:00:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 01:58:04 -0700
Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:

> PulseAudio will take off exactly because Ubuntu is using it.

Just to remind you that Fedora has been using it before :P

Anyway, I had to deal with a lot of people when F8 hit because wine was not
working with the default fedora install. Not everything was perfect in the
fedora setup of pa then and it probably is not now, but for the near future
that is where sound in fedora is going.

I would really prefer a native pa backend in wine, but something I do not
understand is why people complain about pa <-> alsa <-> wine when pa <->
pa-esd-compat <-> wine works perfectly...

Regards,
Andreas Bierfert
--
Andreas Bierfert, M.Sc.        | http://awbsworld.de      | GPG: C58CF1CB