cygwin and -luuid build error?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:02:30 CDT 2008

Hi,

I don't know if building wine with cygwin is/should be supported.
However, I get a linker error in dlls/atl with IID_IOleInPlaceSiteWindowless.

It seems this symbol is in the uuid library. The "problem" it seems is that this
library is linked with EXTRALIBS in Makefile.in and this doesn't result in the
correct -L path to be set (essentially the libuuid.a can not be found by the
linker).

When I move -luuid from EXTRALIBS to IMPORTS, -L../../dlls/uuid is added to the
linker and the library is correctly linked.

Since it works ok on Linux, moving the -luuid option around is probably not a
good solution, but I was wondering if anyone has looked into this before and if
so what a good solution would be.

Any thoughts on this?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen