iTunes ipod support

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:47:58 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I submitted the ipod patches to wine-patches. This won't add support
for ipod touch or iphones. I expect that all patches will be merged
soon. If anyone feels adventurous they can try it. With the amount of
people interested in it I decided to post an update on the mailing
list so that everyone who picked up on the earlier threads can find
it.

Instructions:
- Apply attached patch
- Get a clean wineprefix
- Set wine version to vista
- Download the installer from itunes.com, and install.
- wine net start ipod\ service
- run itunes
- Hopefully the ipod is detected now. Dapper might have a bug in hald
which case it won't detect any usb hard drive that's plugged in. sudo
killall hald; sudo hald; wineserver -k; wine net start ipod\ service
seems to work as workaround.

So far there seems to be some confusion, so for the sake of clarity:
This won't add support for ipod touch or iphones.

Cheers,
Maarten.