Bug in MSVCRT_fseek (with patch)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Fri Apr 4 06:23:02 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Does your test also pass on Windows?

I didn't try this actual test on windows because I don't have
easy access to windows. However ....

> How did you run into this -- does the bug keep a real Windows
> app from running on Wine?  Which one?

That gets complicated. I'm on Linux, cross compiling to windows
using the mingw cross compiler and running the test suite on
wine. One of the test programs was failing under wine but it did
pass on windows xp. I tracked it down to this incorrect behaviour
of the feof function.

> To get your change and test accepted, please send a patch,
> and make the test a real wine conformance test.

Sure. I'll bang on this some more.

Erik