Pulse Audio -- Wine should have instructions on this web site

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Apr 6 10:41:05 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 6. April 2008 12:27:51 schrieb Jan Zerebecki:
> Yes, more precicely it's about how the alsa->pulse plugin tries to
> identify different applications. It gets the real process name (the
> loader), not the one wine changed to. The plugin could use that, but it
> would also be nice if the plugin would take an optional argument to set
> the name explicitly like on can with the pulse api.
I don't see how the process name or a process identification is a proper
primary key for sound clients. They should rather use the alsa primary
buffers requested by the apps rather than the process identification. They
could still use the process name as a description for the user interface,
using anything not directly sound API related like PID, process name, ..., as
the identifier for a sound client is broken IMHO.