appdb needs to list 0.9.47 in the pulldown, please

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 6 14:02:07 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The appdb code currently prunes the list to several of the most recent
>  versions so people don't submit entries against older or obsolete
>  versions.

Of course.  It's just a question of the right cutoff.
It seems reasonable to me to include the version bundled with gutsy,
even if it's getting old, because gutsy is so popular.

>  Is it really useful to have test results submitted such an old version
>  when we almost always ask users to upgrade to the latest version in
>  the #winehq channel or in bugzilla?

Perhaps.  Some things did run ok with it, and we have had some
regressions since then.

>  We do mention that if their version is older than the listed version
>  the user should upgrade. Users that submit results with the wrong or
>  old version may mean well but may not be the kind of test results we
>  want to rely on.

Sure, but one goes to market with the users one has, not with the
users one wishes one had :-)
- Dan