appdb needs to list 0.9.47 in the pulldown, please

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 6 16:05:10 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  It seems reasonable to me to include the version bundled with gutsy,
>  >  even if it's getting old, because gutsy is so popular.
>
>  If we wait another 18 days can we ask users of gutsy to upgrade to hardy? ;-)

Of course.

>   If we ask users to put the wine ubuntu repository in their
>  sources.list file won't that let them continue to keep up with newer
>  releases without much difficulty?

All of your suggestions are along the lines "change the user's behavior"
rather than "adapt winehq to the user's behavior".  While all your
suggestions are fine, they don't change the fact that users are
misbehaving because the appdb doesn't allow reports with Gutsy's
version of wine.
This problem will keep happening with future releases of Ubuntu
if we cut off the version of wine too early, as we do now.

>  If we don't plan on releasing new versions based on the release in
>  gutsy, 0.9.47, then I think we've got to consider that version to be
>  obsolete and unsupported.

By your logic, we should not allow any reports against anything
but the latest version of wine.

>  I agree, we can't always choose the kind of data we get. It's up to us
>  to decide which test results to keep and which ones to discard.

Whatever.  I'm tired of discussing this with you.  If the appdb maintainers
agree with me, they'll make the change.  I don't enough to keep arguing.
- Dan