optimizations for 1.0

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:59:54 CDT 2008

Hi,
Given we are coming up close to the freeze, I think this may be a good
time to look in to optimizations. I propose we spend some time trying
different compilers and profiling Wine under different usage patterns
to see what type of speedup we can get. I'm going to see if its
possible to compile Wine with LLVM and I think it would be a good idea
if someone with an ICC license gave it another shot. Also any gentoo
users lurking, now would be a good time to go crazy with your compiler
flags, run some benchmarks and file bug reports.

--
Steven Edwards