[1/10] WineD3D: Store the number of aux buffers in the context

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Apr 8 13:04:30 CDT 2008

> > Detecting the number of aux buffers is trivial and can be done using the
> > fake GL context as it is a WGL pixel format property.
> Not quite: What if a card supports AUX buffers with the R5G6B5 equivalent,
> but
> not with A8R8G8B8? Of course I could try to create the fake format with
> aux
> buffers enabled, but who tells me if the number of aux buffers is going to
> work with the format the application wants later?

As I said before aux buffers are a WGL pixel format property. The pixel format selection code needs to take care of it. Right now it already tries to locate a format with aux buffers but it isn't failproof yet (wglChoosePixelFormatARB searches for an exact match or else for something with better capabilities; this is a little too strict for us) I'm working on better pixel format selection code but my time is very limited right now.

Roderick
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free