GL_ATI_fragment_shader and GL_INVALID 0x501, 0x502

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 9 07:16:44 CDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2008 12:12:20 schrieb Milan Kostić:
>  Eh yes, i just checked what is difference between 9000 and 9250 and
> find that 9000 has 4/2 units, but 9250 has 4/1. One physical unit
> left! And this is likely problem because ati_fs is linked to max units
> which is 6 in driver, but this card has only 5;). Seems to one is
> emulated:D. I don't know, i think that my neighbour have 9100 (which
> also has 4/2) in his vault and i'm must wine:) with that card first
> (which is very possibly not working?:D) and if that is bug, i will
> fill one massive bug for that thing on Mesa side:) and just hope that
> someone of retired r200 devs will go back to business and improve
> driver... Thanks for reading all this posts anyway.
I doubt 3DMark2001 uses all 6 texture units even in the high shader test
because it works on Nvidia cards which only support 4 simultaneous textures.
If it uses 4 textures and 6 or more texture stages(ie, texture stage settings
that do not sample from a texture), it might be worth looking into the
texture map stuff we're using with the nvidia register combiner code. With
atifs we can support 6 simultaneous textures and 8 texture stages.