LoadStringW [1/2]

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Apr 9 07:09:46 CDT 2008

* On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> * "Saulius Krasuckas" <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> >
> > You still have not answered my question: how regression in question
> > can be identified only by reading Wine code (at least in case of
> > LoadStringA).
>
> I have no idea how the word 'only' has appeared in the sentence above,

I am sorry for my hurry, it's really unnecessary here.

> and why it's not clear to you that reading Wine code is one of possible
> ways to understand what the patchs does, and see possible improvements or
> regressions caused by a patch. Or you know development methods which don't
> require reading and understanding the code you are going to modify?

Well, what I meant was if you haven't tested LoadStringA in Windows, then
reading code won't help you to see a bug in it.  Excuse me my English, if
earlier msgs of mine didn't sound like that.

Such is specifity (peculiarity) of any API translator, no?

> I don't follow your logic here.

Well, switching to private comm.