WineConf 2008

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 10 14:05:10 CDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I'd like to start the planning for WineConf 2008.

My sense is that 3 years in Europe and 1 year in the US
is a reasonable balance, so I feel it makes sense to
try to have it over here this year.

Further, I would like to host WineConf this year in St. Paul, Minnesota,
for a variety of reasons.  First, it's a lot easier for me to help
plan if it's here.  Second, it's nice for CodeWeavers; it means we
can have everyone, not just the developers, all together.  Having Mandi
able to physically intimidate people is very helpful for us, after all <grin>.

My thought was to do it in late September, early October, so
that the weather would not be so extreme.  I realize that veterans
of our last Minnesota meeting will be disappointed at the lack
of the Ice Palace, but we'll try to find a way to make it up to you.

Also, I know the travel costs will be hard for many people, given current
travel costs, so I'm hoping to contribute funds (and perhaps
do some fund raising) to help cover travel costs for Wine
contributors.

At any rate, that's my idea.  I'm willing to be swayed if people
object violently, or if a clear consensus for an alternate emerges.

Thoughts?  Comments?

Cheers,

Jeremy