Feature Request: Registry / winecfg entry for launching an application in a wineexplorer window

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:04:23 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Chris Robinson <chris.kcat at gmail.com> wrote:
>  IIRC, the problem is you can't have two Wine processes using two different
>  desktops. Try this: start an app without virtual desktop and leave it
>  running, run winecfg and turn on virtual desktop (make sure to click Apply),
>  then try to start another app. It won't use a virtual desktop.

Terminal one:
$ rm -rf ~/.wine
$ wine notepad

Terminal two:
$ winecfg # enable virtual desktop
$ winemine # doesn't go in virtual desktop
$ wine explorer /desktop=name,1024x768 winemine # goes in virtual desktop

Now can someone please explain why this is? Is it because using the
workaround a second explorer process is started? If so, we can extend
the same process and run those apps needing workarounds in a virtual
desktop...