Unimplemented ntoskrnl functions ?

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Tue Apr 15 09:02:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Hi!
>  I'm solving the following problem:
>  I would like to run the "Tibbo Device Server Toolkit" (TDSK) - see
> http://www.tibbo.com/get_dst.php
>  During installation of the product on a fresh wine (the last Sunday's git)
> with a fresh .wine directory, it crashes with the following report:
>
> wine: Call from 0x7b841720 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeInitializeEvent, aborting
> wine: Unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeInitializeEvent called at address 0x7b841720 (thread 0021), starting debugger...
> Unhandled exception: unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeInitializeEvent called in 32-bit code (0x7b841796).
>
>  Is this function hard to implement ? I'm somewhat experienced with Linux
> programming, but I know absolutely nothing about windoze.
>
> After a lot of time, if wineserver -k isn't applied, it reports another two
> unimplemented functions - KeInitializeInterrupt and KeInitializeMutant. What
> about these ?
>
> With regards, Pavel Troller

Hi, Pavel!

You are trying to run the Windows device driver (a virtual port
redirector) included with the application.

Wine does not really support Windows drivers - although some may load the
functionality just isn't there. The application may run on a COM port
supported by the operating system (Linux, etc.)

The installation failure is what you should aim to fix. A winedevice crash
should not stop the installation.

Regards,

Paul Chitescu