gdi32: Make the bitmap test pass under Windows 2000. Take 2

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:47:47 CDT 2008

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>>> Why will it fail? According to James (and you confirmed it):

>> It's that last piece: "assuming there's enough memory left".
>
> That's a valid assumption I'd guess, and a lot of tests already rely
> on this: every thing which indirectly or directly allocates memory,
> creates windows, objects, processes, etc.

But the test doesn't cater for that.

If I run the test with several heights on my win2k box the maximum I can have is:

CreateBitmap(0x7fff,0x2e63, ...

before it fails with ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY.

This of course differs on every run. My point is that ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY is
totally valid and should be catered for in the test otherwise we would still
have failures for this test.

--
Cheers,

Paul.