dinput: Limit number of supported axis and buttons [try 2]

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Apr 24 20:52:27 CDT 2008

Christoph Frick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:04:11AM -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>
> ok, don't beat me on this one (i guess i could have asked this also for
> try one):
>
>> +        FIXME("Can't support %d axes. Clamping down to 16\n", newDevice->axes);
>> +        WARN("Can't support %d buttons. Clamping down to 128\n", newDevice->buttons);
>
> why is axes a FIXME and buttons a WARN?

Because default joystick data format supports up to 128 buttons. So even if
Wine would be using custom data format most programs probably won't be able
to use all of the buttons.

At the same time there are number of extra axes left in the data format that
Wine is not using.

So in short - there is something that can be done to support more axes but
not much about buttons.

PS. I'd like to see a "joystick" with more then 128 buttons...

Vitaliy.