1.0 idea - ntdll - add a messagebox for missing dlls

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 12:53:28 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>  * have start.exe examine the import table of the exe and do an explicit check
>  (hard)

Seems like too much to go in to start anyway. And I am lazy

>  * have start.exe set an environment variable saying "show graphical error box
>  on dll load failure", and clear that before calling executed apps' WinMain()
>  (easy)

So something like start.exe.so in Unix mode would set a variable like
VERSBOSE_USERDEBUG or which then we could query in the loader using
RtlQueryEnvironmentVariable_U or something that would trigger the
MessageBox from the example code I already wrote in ntdll?

Thanks
Steven

--
Steven Edwards