Mixed-mode assembly support in Mono

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:13:49 CDT 2008

> From: Dan Kegel
>> I have recently committed required changes to Mono SVN repository as
>> r102052.
>> Now Mono has mixed-mode assembly support on Windows.
>
> Wow, congratulations!   When will a windows installer be available
> for a version of mono with your changes included?  It would make
> testing much easier.

Unfortunately installers are only built for releases. But you can install
the latest version and just build and replace mono.exe, mono.dll, and
mscorlib.dll (1.0 and 2.0) from SVN trunk. If you need I can send a compiled
version to the list.

> We'll have a look, thanks.  Do you happen to know of any
> real-world apps that would benefit?

To be honest I don't really know how many real world Windows applications
use .NET because thay apper to have .NET components without any
notification.

Kornél